Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Intro: (draft)
There is a lot of hate in the world. Maybe we should start listening to the beauty pageant girls and look towards 'World Peace'? There are too many different cases of hate crimes in the world, they span from racial issues, religious and even sexual preference discrimination. It is happening everywhere, why is this? Is it a reflection of political issues, such as the Iraq war? It can't be that simple because it is happening all over the world. Is it because we need to be more educated before judge others? Why do we judge?

4 comments:

  1. This is an interesting and rather intricate topic you've chosen to investigate. Why exactly is there so much hate going around? It's such a loaded question, one that will no doubt be coloured by the opinions of whoever answers it. Never a simple solution, and opinions will always differ on such a common topic.

    It will be fascinating to watch how you approach this, and I'm sure it will be very different from how I would have tackled it. I would perhaps link it more to human nature and the sciences rather than faith and belief, but perhaps you also would take such an approach. I've always been fascinated by how individuals can approach similar subjects, sometimes in an almost identical manner while at others times world apart. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Tiril here, it's one of those topics which can have multiple opinions and ideas, everyone has there own idea on how the world should be and what world peace is. Its the impossible dream because of these many opinions and there will most likely never be a time when everyone in the world is happy.

    I'd like to see how you go about tackling this as well I look forward to your newer posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting topic with such a wide variety of opinions and questions that can be answered in such different ways. I think as a society we have improved on people equality compared to the 19th Century but there is still a lot of unnecessary conflict that is not being resolved. Looking forward to reading the final piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did happen? Probably economic consumption, politics, cross-culture, society and the list goes on. It is quite a continuous sort of rhythmic ethical ordeal that seems to never stop at one particular answer. Its true, world peace for one culture can be the opposite for peace in another. Lets face it we have a diverse world. Thats not to say that thats a bad thing. :)

    ReplyDelete